Friday 11 December 2015

Unit 16 Outcome 2 Preparing to Edit

Home



Train station













Street


The screenshots shown are the three bins i put my rushes into. One bin is train station, the second is street and the last is home. These bins are the locations that were shot for the short film. In order to pick what rushes to use, we had to log them by writing the shot type underneath each clips and also writing wether if they are good or bad. If the shots are labelled as 'good', we would use them in our rough copy. One of the main reasons why most of the shots were bad was due to bad camera angles and the tripod being shown in the background.



This screenshot shows my EDL. Edit Decision Lists are used to tell editors wether to use a shot or not; it helps keep shots in order, as it shows the name of each clip on my project, before I labelled them 'good' or 'bad' with the shot type. Another reason for EDL's is that it helps keep all shots together. In order for me to view the EDL, I had to select all of my footage, then click file, and then 'Export XML'. This then gave me a XML file and I had to drag it onto 'Microsoft Excel' in order to view the coded (or embedded) text. 




1 comment:

  1. Merit
    You have prepared to edit appropriately and show some understanding of why

    ReplyDelete